This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2206 / 51°13'14"N
Longitude: -0.4958 / 0°29'44"W
OS Eastings: 505144
OS Northings: 147892
OS Grid: TQ051478
Mapcode National: GBR GF5.FGD
Mapcode Global: VHFVP.CL75
Entry Name: Albury House
Listing Date: 21 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377727
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288293
Location: Albury, Guildford, Surrey, GU5
Civil Parish: Albury
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Albury
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 04 NE ALBURY C.P. THE STREET
5/36 Albury House
House. C17 with early C18 extensions, further extended along street
front by M Tupper in 1852 and remodelled in Tudor Gothic style. Original
core timber framed clad in whitewashed roughcast with plain tiled roofs.
Roughly T-shaped with original part to rear. Entrance front (at right
angles to street): Two storeys with attics and gables. Two gabled end
bays to centre with plat band over first floor. One sash window in each
gable, one tripartite sash with triangular head glazing to first floor.
Angle bay extension to right with ornamental eaves decoration. One sash
window in angled sides and flat face of the extension. Central glazed
doors to ground floor. Double casement doors to right of centre gable
with triangular head glazing. Gabled porch with quatrefoil decoration
to bargeboards and double ribbed and studded doors. Whitewashed wing
at right angles to left. Further extensions to rear.
Listing NGR: TQ0514447892
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings