This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3114 / 51°18'41"N
Longitude: -0.6551 / 0°39'18"W
OS Eastings: 493834
OS Northings: 157784
OS Grid: SU938577
Mapcode National: GBR FBG.P67
Mapcode Global: VHFV6.L9JH
Entry Name: Fulton's Gun Shop
Listing Date: 27 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377738
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288242
Location: Pirbright, Guildford, Surrey, GU24
Civil Parish: Pirbright
Built-Up Area: Pirbright Camp
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Pirbright
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 95 NW PIRBRIGHT MARJORIE FOSTER'S ROAD
SP/633 Fulton's Gun Shop
Gun shop, offices and club rooms, originally a headquarters building. c1880.
Quadrangular one storey building built of bolted timber panels with a hipped
corrugated iron roof projecting over a verandah supported on square wooden piers.
Cast iron curved capitals to piers after the South Indian style adapted for the
requirements of the Raj. 12 triple casement windows to front. 4 panelled doors.
Courtyard has several blocked casement windows. Roof of king post construction.
Included for historical interest as the original Headquarters building for the
Queen's Competition, the premier rifle competition in the world. This building was
erected every year on Wimbledon Common in July especially for the competition and
dismantled soon afterwards until the following year. c1890 it was moved to Bisley
and is the oldest unaltered building associated with the Queen's Competition which
was inaugurated in 1860. The exact date of first erection is not known.
Listing NGR: SU9383457784
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings