History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Frog Grove Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Worplesdon, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2584 / 51°15'30"N

Longitude: -0.6429 / 0°38'34"W

OS Eastings: 494796

OS Northings: 151899

OS Grid: SU947518

Mapcode National: GBR FC8.090

Mapcode Global: VHFVD.TM0P

Entry Name: Frog Grove Farm

Listing Date: 2 March 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1377740

English Heritage Legacy ID: 288249

Location: Worplesdon, Guildford, Surrey, GU3

County: Surrey

District: Guildford

Civil Parish: Worplesdon

Built-Up Area: Wood Street Village

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Worplesdon

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Worplesdon

Listing Text

WORPLESDON

SU 95 SW
291-0/4/145

FROG GROVE LANE

Frog Grove Farm

II

Farmhouse, now house. C17 refaced in late C18 and extended c.1910. Red brick exterior in Flemish bond with tile hanging on the return elevation to left. Hipped, plain tile roofs with central gutter. Stacks to left of centre and on return fronts, further stacks to rear. Entrance front of 2 storeys over a cellar to the right half with plinth. Original front of 3 bays with later 4-pane lights. Two windows on each floor with central smaller windows on the first floor now blocked. Early C20 hipped roof porch with sash fenestration over brick dwarf walls. Double doors with modern locks. Plaque on 1st floor centre with date 1798 and initials CEM; Sun Life Assurance plaque fixed below. 1 window bay extension to left with glazing bar sash fenestration, 9 pane on the 1st floor, 12-pane below. Single storey extension to left end with 2 further windows, 12 pane sashes under gauged brick heads; 3 windows in curved return end of extension. Rear elevation has plat band over ground floor, leaded casement windows on the 1st floor and mixed sash and casements below. Blocked, arched head door to ground floor left. Interior: Main ground floor room with deep brick fireplaces under wood lintel containing a fine fireback bearing the coat of arms of the Comte de Paris. Six-panel doors and fine chamfered spine beam with lambs tongue stops, chamfered joists. Other rooms contain simple late C18 or early C19 fire surrounds. Simple stick baluster stair. Fine dairy to rear with brick floors, arched recesses to wall slabs. 1st floor has C17 floor boards. [See DBRG. report no.3536]


Listing NGR: SU9479651899

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.