This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1826 / 51°10'57"N
Longitude: -0.6441 / 0°38'38"W
OS Eastings: 494868
OS Northings: 143471
OS Grid: SU948434
Mapcode National: GBR FD1.S02
Mapcode Global: VHFVS.SJCR
Entry Name: The Coach House
Listing Date: 14 June 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377780
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288360
Location: Shackleford, Guildford, Surrey, GU7
Civil Parish: Shackleford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Godalming
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94 SW SHACKLEFORD CP EASHING LANE
7/103 The Coach House
Former stables and coach house, now house. Early C18. Coursed sandstone
with yellow brick dressings and hipped plain tiled roof. Two storeys on
plinth with brick plat band over ground floor and rusticated angle quoins.
Brick dentilled eaves. Symmetrical front with central pedimented break
and roundel window in tympaneum, rusticated piers with stone impost blocks
to elliptical arched panel - blocked entrance - with two sashes on first
floor to either side and three 12-pane glazing bar sash windows to either
side on ground floor. Six panel door under transome light with dentilled
pediment to portico on tapering pedestal columns. End Stack to left.
C20 single storey extension to right. Originally stable block to now
demolished Eashing House, a mansion built by Ezra Gill in 1729-1736.
Listing NGR: SU9486843471
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings