This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2098 / 51°12'35"N
Longitude: -0.476 / 0°28'33"W
OS Eastings: 506551
OS Northings: 146727
OS Grid: TQ065467
Mapcode National: GBR GFD.0GQ
Mapcode Global: VHFVP.PVQF
Entry Name: King William Iv Public House
Listing Date: 4 March 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377783
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288578
Location: Albury, Guildford, Surrey, GU5
Civil Parish: Albury
Built-Up Area: Brook
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Albury
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 04 NE ALBURY DARK LANE
1688-/5/10003 King William IV
Public House. South west wing is an early C16 timberframed building refronted and
extended to north east and north west in C19. Original part has ground floor of stone
rubble with brick dressings, now painted. 1st floor painted brick. Tiled roof and tall
original external brick chimneystack to northwest. 1 cambered C20 casement and right
side C20 half glazed door with penticed hood an brackets. Decorative C19 bargeboards
to gable, also present on C19 north west wing. This is stuccoed and has 6 pane sash to
1st floor, 12 pane sash with horns to ground floor and left side half-glazed C20 door.
Interior of south west wing has 2 bay timberframe with cambered tie beam with 1
original and one replaced curved tension brace, jowled posts and old floorboards. Early
C19 doorcase and staircase with stick balusters. Ground floor has open fireplace with
chamfered bressumer, salt niche and wooden slots for crane. Exposed Floor joists.
Listing NGR: TQ0655146727
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings