This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.258 / 51°15'28"N
Longitude: -0.4723 / 0°28'20"W
OS Eastings: 506702
OS Northings: 152086
OS Grid: TQ067520
Mapcode National: GBR GDT.1FK
Mapcode Global: VHFVH.RNP0
Entry Name: Stable Block to Hatchlands
Listing Date: 25 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377790
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288600
Location: East Clandon, Guildford, Surrey, GU4
Civil Parish: East Clandon
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: East Clandon
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 05SE EAST CLANDON C.P. THE STREET
5/20 Stable Block to
Stable block and service court to Hatchlands. 1889 by Halsey Ricardo. Red brick
with hipped slate roofs. U shaped plan around central courtyard. Central 2 storey
pavilion with single storey wings to either side, return wings projecting to ends.
2 storeys to left, one storey and attic to right. 3 bay central pavilion with
moulded eaves cornice, and central wooden, domed open lantern to roof. Glazing
bar sash fenestration, 2 windows on each floor under gauged brick heads. Central
left door to first floor, door to ground floor below. Single storey wings to sides
with low red ridge lanterns under pyramidal roofs. One sash window and door to
each side, deep recessed bay in re-entrant angles. Right hand Wing: 2 stacks, attic
under 2 eaves dormers, with 3 windows below. 3 garage doors to ground floor right.
Left hand Wing: 4 stacks. 7 first floor windows and 2 ground floor doors.
Listing NGR: TQ0670252086
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings