This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.226 / 51°13'33"N
Longitude: -0.5821 / 0°34'55"W
OS Eastings: 499108
OS Northings: 148374
OS Grid: SU991483
Mapcode National: GBR FCQ.3N4
Mapcode Global: VHFVM.VGN0
Entry Name: St Catherines Picards Manor
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1377921
English Heritage Legacy ID: 289092
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU2
Electoral Ward/Division: Shalford
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
GUILDFORD SANDY LANE
3/225 Picards Manor
House. Mid-late C16 with C18 extension to right and late C19 extensions to left.
Timber framed, clad in galleted sandstone blocks to front centre and right with a
red brick quoins and dressings; rubblestone to rear with some frame exposed and
some tile hanging. Plain tiled roofs, parallel ranges to right, gabled to left
and around a central well to centre. Entrance front to rear facing garden with
original house forming the centre block. Two storeys and attics with three hipped
roof diamond-pane leaded casement dormers to centre. Large square corbelled stack
behind to right of centre and further cross ridge stacks to ends. Gable end to
left with one 4-light diamond-pane casement window on the first floor and one 2-
light window below. Tudor-style door to right. Centre range comprises five 2-
light first floor casement windows and one 6-light, and two 2-light windows on the
ground floor. Door to centre passage under flat hood on brackets. Range to right
with dentilled eaves, one first floor and one blocked first floor window and two
windows on the ground floor. Right hand return front:- M-shaped roof with diagonal
brick dentilled eaves. Two blocked and two cambered-head windows on the first
floor; plat band below. Rear:- Tension bracing of considerable scantling exposed.
Interiors- Butt side-purlin roof over old range, with jowled principal posts and
arched bracing. Hollow chamfered spine beam on ground floor and panelled over-
mantle to fireplace. Stone floored dining room and passage. The house was used
for a conventicle of non-conformists in August 1680 and in July 1682.
Listing NGR: SU9910848374
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings