History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Bakery the Old Bakery with Barn and Outhouse at South End

A Grade II Listed Building in Mole Valley, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3067 / 51°18'24"N

Longitude: -0.2985 / 0°17'54"W

OS Eastings: 518700

OS Northings: 157774

OS Grid: TQ187577

Mapcode National: GBR 8B.FFR

Mapcode Global: VHGRV.SF13

Entry Name: The Old Bakery the Old Bakery with Barn and Outhouse at South End

Listing Date: 7 September 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1378162

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290406

Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT21

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Town: Mole Valley

Electoral Ward/Division: Ashtead Park

Built-Up Area: Ashtead

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Ashtead

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Epsom

Listing Text

ASHTEAD CRAMPSHAW LANE
TQ 1857-1957 (east side)
8/23

7.9.51 The Old Bakery with barn
and outhouse at south end

II

Formerly known as The Old Cottage.House with attached outhouse and barn; now
all one dwelling. Probably C18; altered. House probably of brick, now rendered
and painted white, and partly timber-framed; barn weather-boarded and painted
white; with red tile roofs to both. House rectangular on north south axis; barn at
right-angles linked to south-west corner. West front of house 2 storeys and 3
bays, symmetrical, plus the timber-framed extension at the south end; the
principal element has a central doorway, two 12-pane unhorned sashed windows
at ground floor furnished with shutters, 3 similar windows at 1st floor (but the
3rd altered as a top-hung casement), a large external chimney at the left gable
and a small ridge chimney at the junction to the right; the extension at this end
has a doorway at the junction, casements of 3 lights and one light at ground
floor, both with shutters, exposed timber framing at 1st floor consisting of thin
posts and studs with passing braces, with a 12-pane sashed window at the left
end. Rear and interior not inspected. At the right-hand end is a short one-storey
link to the east end of the former barn, the north side of which has a doorway
in the centre flanked by former garage doorways now furnished with sliding
windows; the west end has a sliding garage door.


Listing NGR: TQ1870057774

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.