This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2141 / 51°12'50"N
Longitude: -0.7993 / 0°47'57"W
OS Eastings: 483958
OS Northings: 146779
OS Grid: SU839467
Mapcode National: GBR DB3.W5D
Mapcode Global: VHDY2.3R85
Entry Name: Numbers 37 and 38 (Including Return Wall Along Ivy Lane)
Listing Date: 20 June 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1378279
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290932
Location: Farnham, Waverley, Surrey, GU9
Civil Parish: Farnham
Built-Up Area: Farnham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Farnham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
1099 DOWNING STREET
Nos 37 and 38
(including return wall
along Ivy Lane)
SU 8B46 NE 5/16 20.6.68.
Early Cl9. Alterations and restoration in 1950 by G. Maxwell Aylwin. 2 storeys. 4 windows. Stuccoed. Consists of 2 wide bays and 2 narrow ones, each flanked by Ionic pilasters. Cornice and parapet, stepped up over the 2 centre window bay and with ball caps at the angles and in centre of this higher portion .The 2 centre window bays contain round-headed arches which now have rnodern curved shop windows in them, with Glazing bars. The narrow flanking Window.1 bays contain single sash windows flanked by their own pilasters, (the left one now converted into a doorway) and smaller windows over.
Gable end of return wall of white painted brick with moulded plinth. 2 windows; left hand one a sash window 4 panes wide. In end to range further east, 2 bays: on 1st floors, a sash window 3 panes wide to the right hand; a 2-light casement window with small panes to the left hand. modern door and windows below.
Listing NGR: SU8395646782
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings