This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.224 / 51°13'26"N
Longitude: -0.7964 / 0°47'46"W
OS Eastings: 484147
OS Northings: 147892
OS Grid: SU841478
Mapcode National: GBR DB3.9G8
Mapcode Global: VHDY2.4HVH
Entry Name: The Ranger's House, Farnham Park
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Last Amended: 29 December 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1378305
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290957
Location: Farnham, Waverley, Surrey, GU9
Civil Parish: Farnham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Farnham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 84 NW
The Ranger's House, Farnham Park
(Formerly listed under Castle Hill)
C18 2 storey. Brick. Wide flat eaves cornice. Hipped old tile roof. 5-bay front to south-east and north-west. South-east front has ogee-headed 1st floor and segmental headed ground floor windows. 6-panel central door with 2-panel leaded rectangular fanlight and flat hood with segmental pediment head. All windows are 4-light, mullioned and transomed mainly with original lead lights. The house rectangular with similar sides of 3 bays. Originally the house of the Ranger to the Bishop of Winchester.
Listing NGR: SU8414747892
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings