This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5572 / 51°33'25"N
Longitude: -0.1805 / 0°10'49"W
OS Eastings: 526234
OS Northings: 185822
OS Grid: TQ262858
Mapcode National: GBR D0.F6J
Mapcode Global: VHGQR.T4F3
Entry Name: The Watch House and Attached Lamp
Listing Date: 11 August 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1379105
English Heritage Legacy ID: 478471
Location: Camden, London, NW3
Electoral Ward/Division: Frognal and Fitzjohns
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St John Hampstead
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2685NW HOLLY PLACE
798-1/26/916 (East side)
The Watch House and attached lamp
End of terrace house, formerly a police watch house. c1830,
altered. Multi-coloured stock brick, the ground floor painted.
3 storeys, attics and barred semi-basement (formerly cells).
Main entrance facade on left hand return to Holly Berry Lane;
2 windows. Round-arched entrance with pilasters supporting an
enriched head with lion mask; radial fanlight and panelled
door. Recessed C20 casement windows with cast-iron guards.
Holly Place facade with segmental-arched casements having
cast-iron guards to ground and 3rd floor and a balcony to the
2nd. INTERIOR: not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached to
Holly Berry Lane facade, a Windsor lantern on a simple
HISTORICAL NOTE: used by the newly formed police force in
Listing NGR: TQ2623485822
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings