History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

St Lukes Church Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Frognal and Fitzjohns, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.558 / 51°33'28"N

Longitude: -0.1943 / 0°11'39"W

OS Eastings: 525273

OS Northings: 185889

OS Grid: TQ252858

Mapcode National: GBR C5.HPL

Mapcode Global: VHGQR.L34H

Entry Name: St Lukes Church Vicarage

Listing Date: 11 January 1999

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1379247

English Heritage Legacy ID: 478615

Location: Camden, London, NW3

County: London

District: Camden

London Borough Ward: Frognal and Fitzjohns

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St Luke Hampstead

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Hampstead

Listing Text


CAMDEN

TQ2585NW KIDDERPORE AVENUE
798-1/24/978 (North side)
No.12
St Luke's Church Vicarage

GV II

Vicarage. 1902-3. By Basil Champneys. Red brick and
tile-hanging with stone dressings. Tiled roofs with tall
asymmetrically set slab chimney-stack and exposed rafter ends
under eaves.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys, attics and basements. Front in a Free
Tudor idiom to harmonize with church; rear less formal.
Central gabled bay with 3-light transom and mullion windows
with small panes to each floor at left and small 2-light
windows to right. 2-light attic window in stone-coped gable
with finial. To left, a 2 storey bay, the ground floor forming
a round-arched porch, the upper with a 3-light transom and
mullion window; slit window on return. To right, an entrance
porch at 1st floor level with a 2-light window below, partly
tile hung, and then 2 stepped back bays of different heights
with similar windows and partly tiled hung. Right hand bay
with basement tunnel leads to garden. Enriched Gothic
cast-iron rainwater heads.
Rear elevation in a Vernacular Revival manner, with basement
at garden level, is symmetrical, with central stack flanked by
pairs of windows on each level and much tile-hanging. Pair of
canted bays at first-floor level joined by a porch, tile-hung
second storey and pair of dormer gables within hipped roof
with bargeboards and tall chimney in between. Ground floor,
here first floor, with balcony. All windows are leaded
casements. Good cast-iron gutterheads.
INTERIOR: not inspected but noted to be of spatial interest.

Listing NGR: TQ2527385889

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.