This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5581 / 51°33'29"N
Longitude: -0.1936 / 0°11'36"W
OS Eastings: 525324
OS Northings: 185908
OS Grid: TQ253859
Mapcode National: GBR C5.HW0
Mapcode Global: VHGQR.L3JC
Entry Name: College Chapel, Kings College
Listing Date: 16 January 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1379249
English Heritage Legacy ID: 478617
Location: Camden, London, NW3
Electoral Ward/Division: Frognal and Fitzjohns
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Luke Hampstead
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2585NW KIDDERPORE AVENUE
798-1/24/979 (North side)
16/01/96 College Chapel, King's College
College chapel. 1928-9. By Percy Morley Horder and Verner Rees
to commemorate Miss Anne Richardson, former Vice-Principal.
Rendered brickwork with stone portico. Shallow hipped roof
with projecting eaves. Austere and restrained Classical
design. Rectangular plan with rectangular chancel which forms
a semicircular apse internally. Single storey eastern
elevation, double-height western. Doric portico, under which
double wooden panelled and studded doors with patterned
overlight. Small rectangular windows with small panes and
continuous plain sill band; small clerestory windows.
INTERIOR: entry at half height with balcony and double steps
down into body of chapel. Interior plain with pilaster strips
and panelled ceiling. Apse lit from windows high on each side.
HISTORICAL NOTE: Miss Richardson had requested that the chapel
be "small and simple.... in which no Christian ministry shall
Listing NGR: TQ2532485908
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings