This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9931 / 53°59'35"N
Longitude: -1.546 / 1°32'45"W
OS Eastings: 429861
OS Northings: 455324
OS Grid: SE298553
Mapcode National: GBR KQN8.2B
Mapcode Global: WHC8F.7W1P
Entry Name: St Julien
Listing Date: 14 January 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1379969
English Heritage Legacy ID: 479437
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1
County: North Yorkshire
Electoral Ward/Division: Low Harrogate
Built-Up Area: Harrogate
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: High Harrogate St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 2955 SE ROYAL PARADE
No.4, St Julien
Shop with office accommodation above. 1845, rebuilt 1913. Coursed dressed stone and ashlar with ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof and gable stacks. 4 storey.
Street front rebuilt 1913 has painted ashlar shopfront articulated with Corinthian pilasters. Curved glass shop windows and an off-centre recessed doorway with original glazed door and overlight with margin light glazing bars. Office entrance to right has 4-panel door and similar overlight. Above 3-light cross mullion window flanked by similar single windows all with margin light glazing to upper panes. Above again upper two floors have linking deep panel pilasters which rise to bracketed eaves cornice, with 3 central sashes flanked by single sashes on both floors, all with margin light glazing to upper sashes.
Rear facade built 1845 with some original glazing bar sash windows and two later casements.
INTERIOR has complete chemist shop interior form 1913. Left wall retains fitted cupboards and draws below with display cabinets above with glass doors and mirrored backs, top crowned by curved pediment inscribed The ROYAL PARADE PHARMACY. Back wall has doorway with glazed panel above with fitted draws and mirrored shelves to left and to right two large fitted display cabinets below and shelves above. Curved wall to right has similar arrangement of fittings and right wall has glass fronted cupboards and draws below with glass fronted cupboards above. Above the picture rail a papier-mache frieze.
This former chemists shop retains rare Edwardian shop fittings.
Listing NGR: SE2985855322
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings