This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7293 / 50°43'45"N
Longitude: -3.5202 / 3°31'12"W
OS Eastings: 292803
OS Northings: 93293
OS Grid: SX928932
Mapcode National: GBR P1.8GV4
Mapcode Global: FRA 37J4.SH4
Entry Name: Chapel at St Anne's Almshouses
Listing Date: 29 January 1953
Last Amended: 6 April 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1380202
English Heritage Legacy ID: 479885
Location: Exeter, Devon, EX4
Electoral Ward/Division: Newtown and St Leonard's
Built-Up Area: Exeter
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Exeter St James
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX9393 OLD TIVERTON ROAD
871/12/10173 (East side)
29-JAN-53 Chapel at St Anne's Almshouses
Almshouse chapel. C15; restored C19/20. Coursed Heavitree stone with volcanic stone dressings. Slate roof with stone coping to gable ends.
PLAN: Small single-cell chapel with link to St Anne's Almshouses [qv] on the south side.
EXTERIOR: 3-light Perpendicular east window, and 2-light west window with cusped tracery; 2-centred chamfered arch priest's doorway on south side with 2-light square head window above with hoodmould, and to left a chamfered round arch doorway with C20 canopy; carved corbel heads under eaves. North side blind.
INTERIOR: Ceiled 4-bay wagon roof with ovolo and hollow moulded ribs with carved bosses at the intersections and carved wooden corbel-heads on the moulded wall-plate. C20 furnishings.
SOURCE: Buildings of England, p.432.
Listing NGR: SX9280393293
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings