This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5164 / 51°30'58"N
Longitude: -0.1203 / 0°7'13"W
OS Eastings: 530523
OS Northings: 181391
OS Grid: TQ305813
Mapcode National: GBR KB.4L
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.V4RW
Entry Name: 60, Parker Street
Listing Date: 17 May 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1380332
English Heritage Legacy ID: 480318
Location: Camden, London, WC2B
Electoral Ward/Division: Holborn and Covent Garden
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Paul Covent Garden
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 3081 PARKER STREET
Workshop, probably associated with the coach building trade, later part of a printing and publishing works and finally offices. Built after 1815 and before 1828. Some later C19 alterations to rear windows, C20 shopfront and some internal modifications
EXTERIOR: Built of stock brick with stone parapet. Pitched slate roof with central glazed panel, concealed by parapet.
Four storeys: three upper floors have 5-light continuous windows with wooden architraves and timber tilt and turn sashes retaining original crown glass to front. Second floor windows have 24 panes, first and third floors have 16 panes.
Left side lights to first and second floor windows have been later subdivided, probably to incorporate toilet accommodation. End full-height brick pilasters. Ground floor has late C20 wooden shopfront in traditional style with deep moulded fascia and central pilasters, 3 bay shopfront with multi-pane windows and 8 panelled door with low letterbox. Rear elevation is also of stock brick with end full-height pilasters and retains the original wooden architraves but later C19 wooden casements with pivoting tops have been inserted. First floor door originally to two storey rear extension most of which has been demolished at time of survey except for some cast iron columns. Ground floor has right side round-headed entrance.
INTERIOR: Ground floor was subdivided in later C20 with plasterboard partition. Each floor has floorboards set on two large axial beams spanning 7 metres with chamfer and runout stop, early C19 in date. Front beam on the ground floor has a two inch chamfer and is probably a replaced reused beam. Basic open tread stairs without handrail between floors. Top floors narrow towards right side of rear elevation over cambered arch, probably to provide light to already existing buildings nearby . Early C19 scientific kingpost roof with purlins, ridgepiece and rafters with central glazed panel.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings