This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1695 / 52°10'10"N
Longitude: -1.5839 / 1°35'2"W
OS Eastings: 428552
OS Northings: 252443
OS Grid: SP285524
Mapcode National: GBR 5NH.VS7
Mapcode Global: VHBY2.HQHQ
Entry Name: Former Estate House Approximately 50 Metres to the North East of Walton Hall
Listing Date: 19 August 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1381992
English Heritage Legacy ID: 482357
Location: Wellesbourne, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Wellesbourne and Walton
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Walton d'Eivile St James
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1901-1/5/189 Former estate house approximately 50
metres to north-east of Walton Hall
Estate house, converted to time-share accommodation. 1869,
altered 1980s. Possibly by Sir George Gilbert Scott for Sir
Charles Mordaunt. Brick with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate
roof with brick end stack and cross-axial stack. L-plan with
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 2-window range. Stone-coped plinth, flush
ashlar bands and plain stepped cornice. Central entrance has
segmental-pointed head and overlight to plank door; large
bracketed lean-to canopy on moulded corbels. Ground floor has
3-light single-chamfered mullioned-and-transomed windows;
first floor has similar window to gable to right and similar
cross-mullioned window to hipped half-dormer to left. Dated
rainwater heads. Left return lateral stack and cross-axial
stack to wing have brick caps.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP2855252443
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings