This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4615 / 53°27'41"N
Longitude: -1.9699 / 1°58'11"W
OS Eastings: 402095
OS Northings: 396083
OS Grid: SK020960
Mapcode National: GBR GXPD.BW
Mapcode Global: WHB9S.Q845
Entry Name: 46, Hadfield Road
Listing Date: 27 January 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1384242
English Heritage Legacy ID: 484676
Location: High Peak, Derbyshire, SK13
District: High Peak
Town: High Peak
Local Authority Ward: Hadfield South
Built-Up Area: Glossop
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Hadfield St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK0296SW HADFIELD ROAD, Hadfield
921-1/5/42 (North side)
House. 1776, with C20 alterations. Narrow coursed millstone
grit with ashlar dressings and stone slate roof with 3
PLAN: 2 unit plan with off-centre entry into double-depth
EXTERIOR: 2 storey with basement and garret. Flush ashlar
quoins and plinth. Front has regular 2 window range with
slightly off-centre C20 door with rectangular overlight in
flush ashlar surround, with lintel inscribed:- 'JEB/ 1776'.
Either side single windows with C20 casements and louvred
shutters. Above 2 similar windows. Basement to left has single
2-light flush mullion window.
Left return rendered, with 2 single storey extensions, above
single 3-light casement window under narrow lintel and small
garret window with diamond paned glass.
Right return has small window, above 3-light window, both C20
and 3 small blocked garret windows.
Rear elevation rendered, later additions enclose rear.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SK0209596083
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings