This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2367 / 51°14'12"N
Longitude: -0.3193 / 0°19'9"W
OS Eastings: 517428
OS Northings: 149957
OS Grid: TQ174499
Mapcode National: GBR HGJ.J28
Mapcode Global: VHGS7.F51R
Entry Name: Anglican Chapel at Dorking Cemetery
Listing Date: 23 June 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1387309
English Heritage Legacy ID: 475259
Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, RH4
District: Mole Valley
Town: Mole Valley
Electoral Ward/Division: Dorking South
Built-Up Area: Dorking
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Dorking St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
850/10/10023 Anglican Chapel at
Cemetery chapel. 1856 Anglican cemetery chapel, built by Cubitt and Sons to the design of Henry Clutton. Early English style. Flint with stone dressings and tiled roof with bands of plain and fishscale tiles. Rectangular plan. West end has projecting arched entrance with corbel heads and buttressed bellcote above and buttresses to sides. Nave has one tripartite arched window under stone relieving arch and one lancet. East end has triple lancet window under stone relieving arch. One of two cemetery chapels and a combined lodge with entrance arch and mortuary chapel which are part of the same design.
Listing NGR: TQ1742849957
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings