This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.602 / 53°36'7"N
Longitude: -2.4747 / 2°28'28"W
OS Eastings: 368683
OS Northings: 411816
OS Grid: SD686118
Mapcode National: GBR CV5S.1J
Mapcode Global: WH97M.YQRJ
Entry Name: 76 and 77, Barrow Bridge Road
Listing Date: 29 January 1974
Last Amended: 30 April 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1387890
English Heritage Legacy ID: 475883
Location: Bolton, BL1
Electoral Ward/Division: Smithills
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Halliwell St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SD6811NE BARROW BRIDGE ROAD
797-1/7/18 (North side)
29/01/74 Nos.76 AND 77
(Formerly Listed as:
BARROW BRIDGE ROAD
Pair of houses. c1831, altered. Coursed and squared stone with
hipped slate roof.
EXTERIOR AND PLAN: 2 storeys, 3+3 window range, comprising
pair of 2-unit double pile plan dwellings, each with central
entrance. Doors in added porches, flanked on each floor by
windows renewed in original openings with flat arched painted
stone heads. Some of the windows (now casements) appear to
have been renewed c1930, and have leaded lights with some
stained glass motifs. Ridge chimney and end wall chimney.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
The houses form part of the model village of Barrow Bridge,
established in 1831 by Robert Gardner to serve his Deane
Listing NGR: SD6868311816
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings