This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8253 / 51°49'31"N
Longitude: -0.9112 / 0°54'40"W
OS Eastings: 475136
OS Northings: 214638
OS Grid: SP751146
Mapcode National: GBR C18.JFX
Mapcode Global: VHDV3.5D41
Entry Name: Eythrope Park Farm
Listing Date: 13 January 2003
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1390612
English Heritage Legacy ID: 490669
Location: Waddesdon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Waddesdon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Waddesdon with Over Winchendon and Fleet Marston
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
341/0/10002 UPPER WINCHENDON ROAD
13-JAN-03 Eythrope Park Farmhouse
Farmhouse, with former folly of c.1752 to front, partially demolished and rebuilt in late-C19, and incorporating C18 farmhouse to rear. Rubble stone walls with red brick banding and window lintels to facade with brick side elevations, rendered linking range, and rubble stone rear range. Tile hipped roofs and brick chimneystacks. Multi-pane sash and casement windows. Irregular plan of 3 connected ranges aligned north-south, but with the northernmost range on a different axis.
EXTERIOR: SOUTH elevation comprises the altered northern wing of c.1752 folly, rubble stone with brick dressings to windows, string course and copings to stone plinth. 2 gables, that to left advanced and with central 10-over-10 wide sashes at each storey. Right gable with pair of smaller 10-over-10 sashes to ground floor, and casements above. WEST elevation of three ranges. To right, rubble stone return of the facade, then brick with central chimneybreast and corbelled chimney, plat band and small windows. Hipped return with 10-over-10 sashes as at front. To centre, linking range rendered with 3-light casement above 10-over-10 sash, and other windows. To left, rear range of farmhouse with brick dressings to windows and pitched tile roof.
INTERIOR: Front range with deep niche to openings in stone walls. C19 Main stair with chamfered balusters and newels. 4-panel and 2-panel doors. Ground floor open fireplace with chamfered lintel. Rear range with plank doors, chamfered beams, flat baluster attic stair, and farm rooms incorporating former dairy.
HISTORY: The Eythrope Park estate adjoins Waddesdon Manor (q.v.), the French Renaissance style country house for Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild. The Rothschild family acquired the Eythrope estate in the C19 and Alice de Rothschild carried out building works, the Pavilion, Grotto and former stable block of which survive (q.v.); the Eythrope mansion was demolished c.1810. Drawings survive for a Gothic style building, dated July 3rd 1751 for 'Sr. William Stanhope's Ethrupe' in the British Museum, that strongly resemble the facade of the present Eythrope Park Farmhouse, with its castellations, central arch and southern wing removed.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings