This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6795 / 51°40'46"N
Longitude: -2.1696 / 2°10'10"W
OS Eastings: 388372
OS Northings: 197875
OS Grid: ST883978
Mapcode National: GBR 1ND.Q95
Mapcode Global: VH95C.B1XT
Entry Name: Water Pump, in the Fork of the Side Road on the Left
Listing Date: 15 December 2003
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1409318
Location: Avening, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Avening
Built-Up Area: Avening
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Avening Holy Cross
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
Village pump or conduit head. Installed 1894 by the Calcutts of Avening Park. Cast-iron. Small fluted column with a spout on the front and a domed top with a finial.
This is one of seven similar pumps in the village of Avening and was fed from a large reservoir at the west end of the village.
An interesting example of Victorian water supply provided by an estate to its tenants.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings