This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1023 / 53°6'8"N
Longitude: 0.0105 / 0°0'37"E
OS Eastings: 534697
OS Northings: 358008
OS Grid: TF346580
Mapcode National: GBR JTZ.HGY
Mapcode Global: WHHL5.4972
Entry Name: Cottage to Rear of Kirkby House
Listing Date: 24 October 2002
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1416760
Location: Stickney, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE22
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Stickney
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stickney St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF25656967 STICKNEY MAIN ROAD
Cottage to rear
of Kirkby House
Cottage. 1690, with early-nineteenth century addition and later alterations. Mud and stud on a brick plinth with a thatched roof covered in corrugated iron sheeting. Single storey. Brick chimney stack with owl-hole and ledge.
Main entrance front has slightly off-centre doorway flanked by single irregularly spaced two-light casement windows, with beyond to left a small shuttered opening.
Left return has high brick plinth and a single two-light sliding sash in gable.
Right return has shall glazing bar window.
Rear façade has off-centre window with two-light casements. To left garage doors inserted into later extension. To left two timber lean-to sheds, one with a pantile roof and the other with corrugated iron sheeting.
INTERIOR retains chamfered spine beams and a single bressumer inscribed “MA’L THE3 1690”, with later timber fireplace inserted. Brick stack retains nineteenth century oven with iron doors.
Other nearby listed buildings