This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 56.0551 / 56°3'18"N
Longitude: -4.4868 / 4°29'12"W
OS Eastings: 245235
OS Northings: 687481
OS Grid: NS452874
Mapcode National: GBR 0Q.QD0P
Mapcode Global: WH3N6.12PF
Entry Name: Kilmaronock Parish Church with Graveyard, Boundary Wall and Gatepiers
Listing Date: 14 May 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 339567
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB7621
Building Class: Cultural
County: West Dunbartonshire
Electoral Ward: Lomond
Traditional County: Dunbartonshire
1813. Classical hall-church with domed stone bellcote. Red sandstone rubble, harl-pointing, ashlar margins and dressings. Base course, round-headed windows; quoins.
W (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: pedimented elevation, broad ashlar corniced doorpiece, round-headed door, 2-leaf panelled, large radiating fanlight; blank sandstone panel above, bellcote crowing apex. BELLCOTE: red sandstone ashlar, square base, round-headed louvred openings, eaves cornice, lead domed roof, finial.
N AND S ELEVATIONS: 3 large round-headed windows symmetrically disposed; ashlar margins, keystone. Emergency exit built on elevation to left.
E ELEVATION: later stained glass window placed in original round-arched opening, apron below window.
36-pane timber sash and case windows with radiating glazing to heads. Communion table window with timber plate tracery, stained glass. Grey slate roof.
INTERIOR: coved ceiling with delicate plasterwork over grills. Wooden dado; simple pews; gallery on slender columns at W end. Dentillated cornice. Communion table at E end, furniture late 19th century. Marble memorial plaques to the Buchanan family.
GRAVEYARD: number of earlier to late 19th century memorials; obelisks, celtic cross memorials.
BOUNDARY WALL AND GATEPIERS: loosely-built rubble wall with semi- circular coping; square gatepiers with depressed ashlar caps.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such. The church replaced an earlier church. The adjacent manse is listed separately. Gartocharn Parish Church is listed separately.
Other nearby listed buildings