This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 56.3802 / 56°22'48"N
Longitude: -3.3025 / 3°18'8"W
OS Eastings: 319665
OS Northings: 721636
OS Grid: NO196216
Mapcode National: GBR 24.1VCJ
Mapcode Global: WH6QF.7WNR
Entry Name: Glencarse, All Saints' Episcopal Church
Listing Date: 9 June 1981
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 344611
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB11968
Building Class: Cultural
County: Perth and Kinross
Electoral Ward: Carse of Gowrie
Traditional County: Perthshire
Mr Blackadder of Perth, dedicated 1878. English domestic
north west timber-framed manner with internal Gothic
treatment. Cruciform plan with nave, chancel with canted
apse, organ chamber and vestries. Solid base course with
pitch pine and cement infill above, timber-framed porch
with Gothic detail, carved bressumer oversailing
transept window. Georgian glazing externally, with
reticulated tracery internally. Steeply pitched roof with
bellcote at west capped with steep pyramidal roof.
Internally: rood screen 1897 designed by Rev E Sugden;
pulpit carved by Mrs Agnes Watson of Inchyra and Miss
Caroline Greig. Glass mainly Hardman of Birmingham. 2
windows by Meyer of Berlin.
Site given by T W Greig of Glencarse House
Other nearby listed buildings