This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 57.4464 / 57°26'47"N
Longitude: -2.9446 / 2°56'40"W
OS Eastings: 343404
OS Northings: 839964
OS Grid: NJ434399
Mapcode National: GBR M921.CT6
Mapcode Global: WH7LP.R309
Entry Name: Glass Parish Church
Listing Date: 16 April 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 346912
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB13715
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Huntly, Strathbogie and Howe of Alford
Traditional County: Aberdeenshire
179 (dated "91" on sundial) renovated Reid (Elgin)
1883-4, large T-plan addition and general remodelling 1903,
J. Robertson (Inverness). Original church rectangular with
bellcote, harled with margins. S. front of 4 windows
checked for shutters, later semi-elliptically arched heads
and inserted tracery. Font Sir R.S. Lorimer; glass Douglas
Strachan. 1642 Burgerhuys bell recast.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.