This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 56.1916 / 56°11'29"N
Longitude: -3.1017 / 3°6'6"W
OS Eastings: 331728
OS Northings: 700430
OS Grid: NO317004
Mapcode National: GBR 2C.FYZC
Mapcode Global: WH6RH.BM7T
Entry Name: Milton of Balgonie, Balgonie Bridge
Listing Date: 24 November 1972
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 350452
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB16666
Building Class: Cultural
Civil Parish: Markinch
Unitary Authority Ward: Glenrothes Central and Thornton
Traditional County: Fife
Late 17th century, widened to W and rebuilt above arches to E (armorial panel probably inserted). 2 arch bridge over River Leven. Heavily dressed, squared and coursed rubble with ashlar coped parapet; abutting walls semicircular coped rubble. 2 segmental arches, centre pier with cutwater buttresses to E and W and carved armorial panel to E.
The Inventory describes the armorial panel as "the lower part ... apparently containing an impaled coat with SUPPORTERS", AND QUOTES SIBBALD?S HISTORY OF FIFE AND KINROSS of 1710 "Built by the present Earl of Levin".
Other nearby listed buildings