History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

64-70 (Even Nos) and 70a Ferry Road with Front Walls and Railings; Eh6 4ah

A Category C Listed Building in Edinburgh, Edinburgh

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 55.9751 / 55°58'30"N

Longitude: -3.1819 / 3°10'54"W

OS Eastings: 326337

OS Northings: 676423

OS Grid: NT263764

Mapcode National: GBR 8Q5.ZK

Mapcode Global: WH6SM.322Q

Entry Name: 64-70 (Even Nos) and 70a Ferry Road with Front Walls and Railings; Eh6 4ah

Listing Date: 30 March 1994

Category: C

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 363985

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB27040

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Edinburgh

County: Edinburgh

Town: Edinburgh

Electoral Ward: Leith

Traditional County: Midlothian

Find accommodation in


1860-62. Terrace of 4 2-storey and attic 3-bay houses with additional bay to W. Cream ashlar sandstone; cill course to 1st floor; cornice and blocking course. Doors with raised architrave and cornice. Regular fenestration. Single piend-roofed canted dormer to each house; some extra skylights.

Centre houses with doors to inner bays, dormers to outer bays; outer houses with doors to inner bays, dormers to outer bays.

Further bay set back to left with door (No 70a) at ground and window above, approached through corniced ashlar overthrow at street frontage.

4-pane timber sash and case windows (plate glass at ground to Nos 64,66 and 70). Grey slates; rebuilt stacks; ashlar coped skews. Full complement of cans.

WALLS AND RAILINGS: low saddleback ashlar coped walls to front with cast-iron railings; sections of fleur-de-lys; stop-chamfered pier at W corner.

Statement of Interest

The adjacent site was formerly occupied by St Nicholas Church. The terrace was formerly know as Prince Consort Place and the name remains carved on a quoin at No 70.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.