This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.9751 / 55°58'30"N
Longitude: -3.1819 / 3°10'54"W
OS Eastings: 326337
OS Northings: 676423
OS Grid: NT263764
Mapcode National: GBR 8Q5.ZK
Mapcode Global: WH6SM.322Q
Entry Name: Edinburgh, 66 Ferry Road
Listing Date: 30 March 1994
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 363985
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB27040
Building Class: Cultural
Unitary Authority Ward: Leith
Traditional County: Midlothian
1860-62. Terrace of 4 2-storey and attic 3-bay houses with additional bay to W. Cream ashlar sandstone; cill course to 1st floor; cornice and blocking course. Doors with raised architrave and cornice. Regular fenestration. Single piend-roofed canted dormer to each house; some extra skylights.
Centre houses with doors to inner bays, dormers to outer bays; outer houses with doors to inner bays, dormers to outer bays.
Further bay set back to left with door (No 70a) at ground and window above, approached through corniced ashlar overthrow at street frontage.
4-pane timber sash and case windows (plate glass at ground to Nos 64,66 and 70). Grey slates; rebuilt stacks; ashlar coped skews. Full complement of cans.
WALLS AND RAILINGS: low saddleback ashlar coped walls to front with cast-iron railings; sections of fleur-de-lys; stop-chamfered pier at W corner.
The adjacent site was formerly occupied by St Nicholas Church. The terrace was formerly know as Prince Consort Place and the name remains carved on a quoin at No 70.
Other nearby listed buildings