This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.9732 / 55°58'23"N
Longitude: -3.1681 / 3°10'5"W
OS Eastings: 327197
OS Northings: 676192
OS Grid: NT271761
Mapcode National: GBR 8T6.S8
Mapcode Global: WH6SM.94N6
Entry Name: Edinburgh, 93 Constitution Street
Listing Date: 29 April 1977
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 364277
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB27210
Building Class: Cultural
Unitary Authority Ward: Leith
Traditional County: Midlothian
Circa 1870. 2-storey 4-bay office building (6-bay at ground) flanked by pends fronting large 4-storey L-plan warehouse. Cream sandstone, polished ashlar front, squared and snecked rubble with stugged dressings to sides and warehouse. Base course; moulded corbel course above ground floor continuing over pends; cill course at 1st floor; corbelled eaves cornice with blocking course; architraved windows (lugged and basket-arched at 1st floor); ground floor windows with recessed and panelled aprons.
OFFICE ELEVATION: slightly recessed bay to outer left, recessed doorway with panelled door, moulded ashlar panel over. 5 single windows flanking at ground floor; at 1st floor bipartite windows in bays to right, single windows to left.
NE ELEVATION: 2-bay front office to right with advanced curved bay with tall basket-arched stair windows to right, left bay with 2 single windows and shaped gable with apex stack.
SW ELEVATION: 2-bay front office to left with shaped M-gables and octagonal drum apex stacks (paired to left); single storey later office infill at ground floor.
WAREHOUSE: 8-bay L-plan warehouse (ground floor painted) to left with single windows, gabled hoist to left of centre breaking eaves with shouldered-arched hoist doors with rounded reveals below. Corner to left corbelled above ground floor. Rear elevation 7-bay; single windows (some barred); large timber doorway to outer right.
Plate glass timber sash and case windows to front office, small-pane fixed timber windows to warehouse. Black slate roof with lead flashings, piend and platform to warehouse. Moulded gutterheads to front office.
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.
Other nearby listed buildings