This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.9711 / 55°58'16"N
Longitude: -3.1703 / 3°10'12"W
OS Eastings: 327056
OS Northings: 675965
OS Grid: NT270759
Mapcode National: GBR 8T7.B0
Mapcode Global: WH6SM.85LS
Entry Name: Edinburgh, Leith, 150 Constitution Street
Listing Date: 29 March 1995
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 364365
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB27264
Building Class: Cultural
Unitary Authority Ward: Leith
Traditional County: Midlothian
Late 18th century. 4-bay, 3-storey tenement with gable elevation to Constitution Street and corner rounded above chamfered ground floor. Cream sandstone, coursed rubble with droved dressings. Base course; continuous cornice above public house to corner site; 2nd floor windows breaking eaves with shallow catslide dormerheads.
SW (LAURIE STREET) ELEVATION: 2 windows and common stair doorway at ground floor; single windows at 1st (to outer left enlarged) and 2nd floor; shouldered brick wallhead stack.
NW (CONSTITUTION STREET) ELEVATION: 3-bay; gabled with apex stack;
2 openings at ground floor, doorway to public house in chamfered corner to outer right with stop-chamfered reveals; single windows at 1st floor (to centre blocked); single window to centre at 2nd floor and to gablehead (both blocked).
NE (REAR) ELEVATION: 5-bay; single storey neighbouring building abutting; single windows at 1st and 2nd floor; remains of wallhead stack.
SE ELEVATION: gabled with apex stack; single windows to centre bay (blocked). Tall rubble wall with broad opening, flat coping and carved ogee finial to centre at right angle to Laurie Street.
Timber sash and case windows, mostly plate glass, 4-pane to rear. Slate roof; 2 wallhead, 2 apex stacks (see above).
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.
Other nearby listed buildings