This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2661 / 53°15'57"N
Longitude: -3.8125 / 3°48'45"W
OS Eastings: 279208
OS Northings: 375875
OS Grid: SH792758
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZTN.DX
Mapcode Global: WH65B.D5RH
Entry Name: L-shaped Stable Range at Cymryd
Listing Date: 13 October 1966
Last Amended: 28 December 1995
Source ID: 3196
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located at the end of a long track leading E off the Brynseiri Road; on low-lying ground on the W bank of the Conwy estuary.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Exterior: Dated 1826; L-shaped house in simple vernacular Tudor style. Rubble construction with large irregular quoins and red brick detailing; large, original slates to roof, oversailing eaves and plain squat stacks. E (main) front with advanced gabled wing. 3-light mullioned and transomed wooden window to ground floor with small pane glazing; similar cross-window above and a further 4-pane fixed light in the gable apex. All have returned labels in brick and brick voussoirs, slightly cambered to the ground floor. Between the first floor and upper windows, an inset date stone inscribed with date 1826. Entrance to the R return, via a late C19 wooden porch; boarded door. Mullioned windows in similar arrangement to recessed range to R of porch. Tall half-outshut to the rear; contemporary 12-pane sliding sashes. Later L-shaped single storey addition to W side, returning around the N gable. This has plain-glazed tripartite and cross windows and a hipped roof; modern porch beyond.
The interior was not accessible during the survey (September 1995).
An earlier C19 vernacular Tudor-style house retaining good external character.
Group value with the former house-and-byre complex at Tyddyn-Cynal.
Other nearby listed buildings