This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3277 / 53°19'39"N
Longitude: -3.8314 / 3°49'53"W
OS Eastings: 278123
OS Northings: 382761
OS Grid: SH781827
Mapcode National: GBR 1YPY.9T
Mapcode Global: WH64Y.3MS8
Entry Name: Belmont
Listing Date: 16 March 1976
Last Amended: 6 June 2001
Source ID: 3446
Building Class: Commercial
Location: On corner with Church Walks.
Built-Up Area: Llandudno
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Originally built in 1850s, and one of oldest buildings on the Parade, together with 2 bays to R (No 22). The block was originally of 5 bays with outer bays as in No 22, and taller shaped gable to centre. Belmont took present form in interwar period.
Four storey building with parapet, latter bearing name of hotel. Third floor with five plain sash windows without glazing bars. Centre openings on second, first and ground floors are recessed within tall square-headed arch, shaped at the corners. In each bay on second, first and ground floors there is a three-light canted bay window with flat-headed sash windows without glazing bars. Centre bay on second floor has a French casement with architrave and with a balcony before it; two French casements on first floor and, on ground floor, a modern glazed veranda. There is a single storey porch of circa 1919 with panelled pilasters. Doric columns in antis and entablature at ground level and to the left of the main building. Stuccoed forecourt wall with C19 iron railings.
Included for group value with other buildings on North Parade, amongst earliest parts of Llandudno sea front to be developed.
Other nearby listed buildings