This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3272 / 53°19'37"N
Longitude: -3.8323 / 3°49'56"W
OS Eastings: 278067
OS Northings: 382705
OS Grid: SH780827
Mapcode National: GBR 1YPZ.30
Mapcode Global: WH64Y.3MDP
Entry Name: Florence House, including blocks to rear
Listing Date: 16 March 1976
Last Amended: 6 June 2001
Source ID: 3494
Building Class: Civil
Location: About 20m S of junction with Church Walks.
Built-Up Area: Llandudno
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
1850s. Former court and police station, until replaced by new Police Station in Oxford Road around 1920.
Two storeys. Front elevation of three widely spaced bays, faced with large painted blocks of stone of regular size. Slate hipped roof. Band at first floor level; end pilasters. Centre bay breaks forward and is surmounted by a shallow triangular pediment. Two-light casements with small panes and architraves on first floor; on ground floor, a 16-pane sash window with shouldered architrave in each outer bay. Doorway in centre with shouldered architrave and half-glazed four-panelled door. Side elevation to S of scribed render; 2 square windows to upper floor, 2 small windows to first floor; stair window between; doorway to L. To rear, block with hipped slate roof with ventilator; doorway facing S; rubble elevation to W.
One of earliest purpose built civic buildings in Llandudno.
Other nearby listed buildings