This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3287 / 53°19'43"N
Longitude: -3.8386 / 3°50'18"W
OS Eastings: 277651
OS Northings: 382884
OS Grid: SH776828
Mapcode National: GBR 1YMY.RG
Mapcode Global: WH64Y.0LDJ
Entry Name: Telephone Call-box
Listing Date: 11 May 1990
Last Amended: 6 June 2001
Source ID: 3643
Building Class: Communications
Location: Sited on hillside diagonally opposite junction with Llwynow Road; set into concrete plinth in area to W end of terrace outside No 19 Ty Gwyn Road.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
K6-type square, red and grey kiosk of cast-iron construction to the standard design of Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of London. Design introduced by GPO in 1936; this example dates from the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. Foundry plate inscribed: "Carron Company, Stirlingshire".
Domed roof with 4 lunettes containing embossed crowns over red lettered opals and ventilation slits. Raised surrounds to sides and door with marginal bars to horizontal glazing. Blank rear, moulded plinth.
A mid C20 cast-iron telephone box in good location on hillside below Happy Valley and neighbouring the tramway up the Great Orme.
Other nearby listed buildings