This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1409 / 53°8'27"N
Longitude: -4.2767 / 4°16'36"W
OS Eastings: 247813
OS Northings: 362839
OS Grid: SH478628
Mapcode National: GBR 5H.65MD
Mapcode Global: WH43F.89RY
Entry Name: Telephone Call-box outside The Crown public house
Listing Date: 18 November 1988
Last Amended: 3 May 2002
Source ID: 4148
Building Class: Communications
Location: At the S end of the street near the junction with High Street.
Locality: Walled town
Built-Up Area: Caernarfon
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Elizabeth II K6 kiosk, the type introduced in 1936 to the design of Giles Gilbert Scott. This example was manufactured by Carron & Co, Stirlingshire.
A K6 type square red kiosk of cast iron, on a moulded plinth. The domed roof has 4 lunettes containing embossed crowns over red-lettered opals and ventilation slits. The sides and door have raised surrounds with marginal bars to horizontal glazing.
Listed for its contribution to the historic integrity of the walled town.
Other nearby listed buildings