This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3116 / 53°18'41"N
Longitude: -4.5317 / 4°31'54"W
OS Eastings: 231430
OS Northings: 382401
OS Grid: SH314824
Mapcode National: GBR HM5Y.JXZ
Mapcode Global: WH42J.C191
Entry Name: Bethesda Congregational Chapel and attached house
Listing Date: 5 April 1971
Last Amended: 19 December 2000
Source ID: 5295
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Set back from the S side of Min Ffordd, leading W off the A5025 in the centre of the village of Llanfachraeth.
County: Isle of Anglesey
Traditional County: Anglesey
Early C19 chapel. Erected 1834. The building was in a derelict condition at time of inspection and had been completed gutted.
Lateral entry Congregational chapel, rectangular in plan with chapel house at E end. Built of rubble masonry, grey grit rendered with smooth rendered architraves and rusticated angles. Roof of old small slates, grouted; stone copings. Entrance elevation faces N, and has 2 recessed sash windows flanked by entrances. The openings have shaped, eared architraves and keystones; the window sill band across the front elevation broken by the entrance architraves. The chapel house at the E end is a 2-storey, single window range, with addition to S. Similarly detailed construction, but with plainer dressings. Roof with rectangular rendered gable stacks with dripstones and capping.
Listed, notwithstanding condition, as an early C19 lateral entry chapel building and chapel house, a rare example from this period in Anglesey.
Other nearby listed buildings