This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3226 / 53°19'21"N
Longitude: -3.825 / 3°49'30"W
OS Eastings: 278534
OS Northings: 382185
OS Grid: SH785821
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZQ0.PN
Mapcode Global: WH64Y.6RT5
Entry Name: ,13,Mostyn Street,Llandudno,,GWYNEDD,LL30 2NL
Listing Date: 16 March 1976
Last Amended: 6 June 2001
Source ID: 5819
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Opposite west end of North Western Gardens.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Dated 1896 externally. Probably designed by G A Humphreys, architect and agent of the Mostyn Estate. Formerly the Avondale public house.
Tall building of four storeys in Free Renaissance style. Rendered facade. Shaped gable; strapwork panelling and pilasters with finials. Two sash-windows in centre to third or attic storey; second floor with two paired sashes first floor with large rectangular bay window with 3-lights in its front wall and a single light in each return. Modern restaurant front on ground floor with two-bay late C19 to early C20 verandah before it, the verandah with roof supported by narrow fluted columns with capitals and high panelled bases; spandrils with bands extending from one pair of brackets to the next.
Good late C19 public house building by G A Humphreys, architect important in forming the late C19 and early C20 architectural style of Llandudno.
Other nearby listed buildings