This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9906 / 51°59'26"N
Longitude: -3.2841 / 3°17'2"W
OS Eastings: 311920
OS Northings: 233235
OS Grid: SO119332
Mapcode National: GBR YT.JQ10
Mapcode Global: VH6BV.175C
Entry Name: Lychgate to Church of St Bilo
Listing Date: 17 January 1963
Last Amended: 31 March 2005
Source ID: 6743
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: On the E side of the churchyard in the centre of the village of Llanfilo.
Community: Felin-fach (Felin-fâch)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Early C18 stone lychgate to Llanfilo church, restored 1925 as memorial to Great War, presumably by W. D. Caroe.
Lychgate, two rubble stone walls carrying stone-tiled roof gabled each end. Oak tie-beam and kingpost small truss embedded in stonework to each gable. Timber lintels across between walls. S wall plaque commemorating repair. Early C20 wooden boarded gates with metal strap hinges and scrolled cresting. Early C20 single gate to right of lychgate.
Included as a simple C18 churchyard entry of group value with the Church of Saint Bilo.
Other nearby listed buildings