This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8584 / 51°51'30"N
Longitude: -4.3079 / 4°18'28"W
OS Eastings: 241162
OS Northings: 220275
OS Grid: SN411202
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T22S
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.8KX6
Entry Name: Railings and gate to former Ebenezer Chapel burial ground
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9458
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated on junction with Barn Road.
Community: Carmarthen (Caerfyrddin)
Built-Up Area: Carmarthen
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Iron railings made by W. Isaac & Co of Carmarthen, on a quadrant curve, to small burial ground to N of site of Ebenezer Welsh Wesleyan Chapel. The chapel was a plain gable-fronted chapel built in 1824, altered 1856, closed in 1895, reopened and possibly renovated in 1914, and closed in 1920. Demolished in 1995 and rebuilt as offices. There are similar railings of the 1880s outside Heol Awst chapel and St John's church, Priory Street, though the gatepiers at the former are made at the Old Foundry and the latter at the Priory Foundry.
Railings to former chapel burial ground. Low wall with pebbledash cladding and rendered coping carrying iron railings with circular uprights and spearhead finials. The standards are slightly more ornate with conical finial in a sheath. Gate at SW end with similar uprights and standards. The standards are inscribed "William Isaac and Son", Carmarthen. C20 gateway at N end.
Included as a stretch of C19 iron railings on a prominent corner site, made by a local foundry.
Other nearby listed buildings