This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8572 / 51°51'26"N
Longitude: -4.3048 / 4°18'17"W
OS Eastings: 241373
OS Northings: 220140
OS Grid: SN413201
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T2W9
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.BLL3
Entry Name: No.45 King Street,,,,,dyfed,
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9469
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated roughly in continous built up row, opposite Probate Office.
Community: Carmarthen (Caerfyrddin)
Built-Up Area: Carmarthen
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Built in 1881 to designs by G. Hutchings, town surveyor, as Capital House, then leased to Cash & Co., boots and shoes who opened a branch here in 1884. In 1914 and 1926, D. W. Lewis, wholesale grocer. Premises of W. Kingsbury Ltd. electrical suppliers, 2002.
Commercial premises, painted stucco with close-eaved slate gabled roof with rendered C20 stack to right. Three storeys, 2-bays, moulded stuccoed surrounds with small brackets below sills to windows. Horned sash windows with marginal glazing to upper floor, larger tripartite horned sashes on first floor. Ground floor full-width later C19 shop front with recessed centre doorway and flanking windows each of 2 lights in common casing of timber pilasters and moulded modillion cornice on enriched scroll consoles, the cornice also over moulded 5-panel house door to left with plain overlight. Rear is taller with full height basement.
Ground floor shop with basement stairs.
Included as a later C19 stucco terraced building with complete surviving original shopfront.
Other nearby listed buildings