This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8566 / 51°51'23"N
Longitude: -4.3092 / 4°18'33"W
OS Eastings: 241066
OS Northings: 220072
OS Grid: SN410200
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T7R5
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.8L7M
Entry Name: No.7 Lammas Street,,,,,dyfed,
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9475
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated on right side of forecourt to English Baptist Chapel, c20m E of junction with Mansel Street.
Community: Carmarthen (Caerfyrddin)
Built-Up Area: Carmarthen
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Mid to later C19, possibly contemporary with English Baptist Church, opened in 1870. One of a pair with No 8. Photograph dated c.1902 shows shop sign of James Morgan Photographer. Premises occupied in 1926 by T.B. Arthur, auctioneer, and in 2002 by E. Brooksbank, watchmaker and jeweller, shopfront renewed in Victorian style c2000.
End terrace shop with accommodation, whitewashed stucco on facade, rubble to gable, slate close-eaves roof, brick stack to left end with ashlar shouldered coping to gable. Two storeys and attic, front elevation of one window range, upper floor with large 16-pane sash and ground floor with c2000 shop front of 3 tall plate glass lights and recessed plate glass door to left, with two slate steps up and casing of pilasters, fascia and cornice. Rusticated left quoins. Left side elevation of squared rubble stone, 2 attic casement windows, one to left on first floor, all with ashlar surrounds and keystones. Two-storey one-window rear wing of similar materials with 2 similar windows in ashlar surrounds and coped end gable.
Dogleg staircase with stick balusters and turned newel.
Included as C19 commercial premises, a pair with No 8 as part of the setting of the English Baptist Church.
Other nearby listed buildings