This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8566 / 51°51'23"N
Longitude: -4.3094 / 4°18'33"W
OS Eastings: 241056
OS Northings: 220075
OS Grid: SN410200
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T7Q2
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.8L5M
Entry Name: No.8 Lammas Street,,,,,dyfed,
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9478
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated on left side of forecourt to English Baptist Church.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Mid to later C19, possibly contemporary with English Baptist Church, opened in 1870. Designed as a pair with No. 7, and built as a shop or converted soon afterwards. In 1914, the shop was occupied by Mrs. Elizabeth Giles, ironmonger, in 1926 by J.T. Evans ironmonger and in 2002 by Florabunda, florists.
End-terrace shop with accommodation, whitewashed stucco facade with slate gabled roof, very small red brick stack at left end and ashlar gable coping to right. Two-storey single-window range, upper floor with large 16-pane sash window and ground floor with 2-light plate glass shop front, with central half-glazed door. Rusticated quoins at right. Side elevation of squared rubble stone with ashlar quoins. Single 6-pane casement window with ashlar surround and keystone to right on first floor. Wing to rear of similar materials and dressings.
Included as a later C19 building of character, possibly designed as part of the formal framing of the English Baptist church, with No 7 and the gates and railings.
Other nearby listed buildings