This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8566 / 51°51'23"N
Longitude: -4.3127 / 4°18'45"W
OS Eastings: 240829
OS Northings: 220080
OS Grid: SN408200
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T6WK
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.6LFM
Entry Name: Forecourt walls, rails, gates and gateposts to English Congregational Church
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9480
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated some 100m E of junction with Morfa Lane, across forecourt to chapel.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Forecourt gates and railings to English Congregational chapel of 1862, illustrated in 1864 engraving of chapel. The railings are said to have been replaced in 1901 and iron spikes fitted to the end piers, but present railings appear in late C19 photograph.
Dwarf wall of squared rubble stone with chamfered ashlar top to plinth and chamfered ashlar coping. Cast-iron railings with double top-rail and cusping in squares between, and alternate cross and larger foliate cross finials. Gothic stone gate piers with plinths, chamfered square shafts broached to octagonal under octagonal pyramid caps. Gates of similar but more ornate design to railings.
Included as a set of Victorian Gothic gates and railings of group value with the Gothic chapel.
Other nearby listed buildings