This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8564 / 51°51'22"N
Longitude: -4.3122 / 4°18'44"W
OS Eastings: 240857
OS Northings: 220058
OS Grid: SN408200
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T706
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.6LNS
Entry Name: Arcade House
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9485
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated on street line approximately 60m E of junction with Morfa Lane.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Terraced house, C19 marked on 1834 map, possibly a public house formerly known at different times as The Old Queen's Arms and The Milford Arms, (but Milford Arms was at No 87 in 1926). Occupied in 1926 by J. Coney shopkeeper.
Terraced house, painted stucco, with imitation slate gabled roof and rebuilt red brick stack to right end, taller shaft in front of ridge. Two-storey, 3-window range, offset to left, upper floor with plate glass sash windows. Ground floor with similar though larger window to left of central doorway and to right 4-pane shop window with dentil cornice on carved scrolled brackets. Single step up to door with narrow plain overlight. Plain painted surround with 'Arcade House' in raised letters, painted plinth.
Left end stack of 1981 listing no longer extant, and some detail lost as list describes stuccoed architrave to door. All windows and door renewed.
Not available for inspection.
Included as a C19 terraced house, possibly of early C19 origins, later C19 shop window.
Other nearby listed buildings