This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8558 / 51°51'20"N
Longitude: -4.3074 / 4°18'26"W
OS Eastings: 241190
OS Northings: 219987
OS Grid: SN411199
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T86Z
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.9M65
Entry Name: No.32 Quay Street,,,,,dyfed,
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9522
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated some 20m SW of junction with St Mary's Street.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Altered range, possibly a former service range to No 31, marked on 1834 map, now externally C19 and later. In 1914 a solicitor's office, in 2002 Merlin Construction Ltd.
Quay Street is the most complete street of C18 houses left in Carmarthen, the street formed in the early C12 and already by the late middle ages the street of Carmarthen's most prominent families. No 19, which has been demolished, was dated 1698. It is not yet possible to establish precise dates for the other houses but most of them seem to be of C18 date, some retaining panelling and staircases of the period.
Building in terraced row, now offices, unpainted C20 roughcast, slate roof, with red brick stack to right. Two-storey, 2-window range, considerably lower than No 31 but similar height to No 33. Upper floor with two sash windows with 6 panes in upper halves only, to left and right of centre. Ground floor with 2 similar windows aligned each to left of window above. Round-headed archway to through passage to Bull Lane at right. Door at extreme left, 4-panel with deep plain overlight.
In 1981 there was a 6-panel door with 4 moulded and 2 flush panels.
Rear is roughcast with 4-pane sash and through passage entry to ground floor and triple casement to first floor left and fixed window under eaves.
Included for group value with surrounding listed items, in the most complete surviving Georgian street in the town.
Other nearby listed buildings