This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.856 / 51°51'21"N
Longitude: -4.3178 / 4°19'4"W
OS Eastings: 240471
OS Northings: 220030
OS Grid: SN404200
Mapcode National: GBR DF.TCN2
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.3MP1
Entry Name: No 16 including railings and gate
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9527
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated almost midway between the junctions with Picton Court and Union Street.
Community: Carmarthen (Caerfyrddin)
Built-Up Area: Carmarthen
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Middle house of terrace of 3 built after 1825 when the Picton Monument was proposed initiating building here, but before 1834 as marked on 1834 map.
Terraced house, middle one of a row of 3, stuccoed with slate roof with paired bracketed eaves and tall red brick end stacks. Three-storey and cellar, 2-window range, top floor with 9-pane sashes and first floor with long 15-pane sashes. Ground floor left has arched sash 5 panes wide with radiating glazing bars in upper half, and to right, arched doorway with open-pedimented doorcase with plain pilasters. Plain fanlight with original 6-panel door with top 4 fielded, and fielded panelled reveals. Basement large cambered-headed window.
E and S sides of front garden bounded by dwarf stone wall and iron railings matching those of no 15 with scroll finials and standards with small urn finials. Matching gate.
Closed string staircase with stick balusters and turned newels. Round hall arch on consoles. Six-panelled doors. Panelled shutters. Front room fireplace with roundels at angles.
Included as one of a terrace of three late Georgian houses of considerable architectural quality; an integal part of the fine late Georgian suburban development of this street.
Other nearby listed buildings