This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8609 / 51°51'39"N
Longitude: -4.2984 / 4°17'54"W
OS Eastings: 241829
OS Northings: 220530
OS Grid: SN418205
Mapcode National: GBR DG.SY7F
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.FHZ9
Entry Name: Forecourt rails, gates and piers to Capel Y Priody
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9550
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated in front of chapel just SW of junction with Old Priory Road.
Community: Carmarthen (Caerfyrddin)
Built-Up Area: Carmarthen
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Forecourt wall, railings and gates to Independent chapel of 1875 by George Morgan. Ironwork by W. Baker of Newport, Mon.
Low wall of rubble stone with painted ashlar coping and cast-iron railing with top and bottom rail, and alternating broader and narrower rails of cross section. Chamfered cast-iron square standards with big fleur-de-lys finials. Panelled cast-iron gate posts with corniced caps and acorn finials, left gate post inscribed "Bakers Newport". Pair of broad iron gates with mid-rail and alternate fleur-de-lys finials.
Included as a good example of later C19 ironwork and for group value with chapel.
Other nearby listed buildings