This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8603 / 51°51'37"N
Longitude: -4.2994 / 4°17'58"W
OS Eastings: 241752
OS Northings: 220471
OS Grid: SN417204
Mapcode National: GBR DG.SXX8
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.FHDQ
Entry Name: The King's Arms
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9553
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated some 35m SW of junction with Old Oak Lane.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Inn, probably late C18 and C19, altered in late C20. Marked on 1834 map.
Public house in terraced row, painted roughcast, with slate gabled roof, the eaves and ridge of which are lower than those of No 102 but higher than those of No 104. Renewed brick stack to left and larger, roughcast stack to right. Three-storey, 2-window range, with windows widely spaced. All fenestration C20, upper floor with small square windows, first floor with longer ones and ground floor with 4-panel door to left, then window in former doorway and wide C20 window at right. Thin raised surrounds to openings, thin sill band at first floor and raised plinth. C20 bracket for pub sign at second floor.
In 1981 there were sash windows without glazing bars, the doorway was left of centre and present door was a sash window.
Interior altered since 1981, the C18 staircase with turned balusters and wide handrail from ground floor to attic was damaged by fire and has been partly rebuilt, it was similar to staircases also lost since 1981 in Spring Gardens. In 1981 there were exposed ceiling beams to upper floors.
Included as a later C18 inn with partly surviving original staircase.
Other nearby listed buildings