This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.856 / 51°51'21"N
Longitude: -4.3072 / 4°18'25"W
OS Eastings: 241203
OS Northings: 220002
OS Grid: SN412200
Mapcode National: GBR DG.T881
Mapcode Global: VH3LH.9M92
Entry Name: No.34 Quay Street,,,,,dyfed,
Listing Date: 19 May 1981
Last Amended: 28 November 2003
Source ID: 9567
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on the junction with St Mary's Street.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
End terrace house on corner site probably of mid C18 origin, altered in C19. Marked on 1834 map of Carmarthen as an inn. Listed in 1884 as the Union Hall public house, run by Edward Thomas. Offices by early C20.
Terraced corner house with elevations to Quay Street and St Mary Street. Painted stucco cladding, with steep imitation-slate roof hipped at corner, boxed eaves and shared stone stack at left end. Two storey and cellar, 3-window range to Quay St, upper floor with 4-pane sash at either end and narrow sash to left of centre; ground floor with C20 4-panel door to left and 4-pane sashes left of centre and right, beneath upper windows. Corner chamfered up to first floor level.
St. Mary's Street elevation with single 4-pane sash to centre right above, 2 similar windows on ground floor, one aligned, one to left. C20 cellar window to right.
Brick stack over eaves in 1981 list now missing, as also left hand cellar opening on Quay St.
Interior all modernised.
Included as a Georgian house of more vernacular type than others in Quay Street, in an important corner position.
Other nearby listed buildings